Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another re-sched; the work goes on - - - Aug. 23-24

Monday, Aug. 23, dawned as usual.  Checked my weight again this morning...  I'm hovering at 157, lowest I've been in years.
Things are coming together, packing-wise.  I can see that most is going to fit in the truck okay, I think, but the weight is something I'm seriously concerned about.  I've been weighing each box and writing the weight on the top right corner of the end in green ink.  The first big stack of boxes add up to just over 700 pounds, one third of the allotted "one ton" the truck is spec'd for.  And there's at least another pile almost the same size to go.  Plus a few heavy-duty bigger plastic locker-boxes and a desk and a filing cabinet and shelving and paint supplies and......   oy, jeezzz....  this better work.

I realized mid-day that Wednesday is also not going to be a day I will be ready for, and so called U-Haul again and re-scheduled the pick-up date for Friday!

Got an update notice from the building management anticipating a move-out date of either Aug. 30 or 31.  I'm supposed to let them know ASAP.  Gotta get that done, too.

Tuesday, Aug. 24, was a good morning, until I realized I forgot to (ritually) pick up my copies of 24Hr and MetroNews yesterday.  Missed the crossword and stuff.
Back to packing... it's looking better.  Looking like I'll be ready for Friday.  Gonna have to pack out the desk I'm currently using for my netbook computer, though.  The desk has to go into the truck first, facing front, so the space under the desk can be accessed through the door hatch in the truck wall....  I'm going to have to put the cats' litter box in that space, so it's accessible to them.  Then, in the back, everything will be stacked around the desk, including the two red-oak shelving units, which are going to be a tight fit, no matter how I slice it.

Don't think about the work ahead too much, or more anxiety starts to well up.   Just gotta keep plodding ahead.   Plod, plod, plod.
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment